The Da Vinci Parker Crib Review- Da Vinci 4 in 1 Convertible Crib
The DaVinci Parker 4-in-1 Convertible Crib is a stunning centerpiece for any nursery. Let’s look at it in more detail.
Why is it called a 4 – in – 1 Convertible Crib?
Because you get four beds for the price of one. The bed starts off as a crib but can also be converted into a Day Bed, a Toddler Bed and eventually a Full Sized bed. The Da Vinci comes with a Toddler Bed Conversion Guard rail for extra safety and a guard rail (K4799) which is also available (as an extra purchase) to fit the bed when it’s converted to full size. A headboard and footboard are included for use with the Full Size conversion.
What does it look like?
It has very stylish curved rails and is available in natural, cherry, coffee, oak and pearl white.
Helpful when storage is tight…
The crib also comes with a trundle drawer that fits out of sight underneath to maximize space and for easy access.
Where can I buy it?
The Da Vinci Parker Crib is made by a company called Million Dollar Baby. You can look here for a huge list of stores that stock their furniture. Or, simply enter your zip code and your required radius around the store and the site will show the stockiest nearest to you. We find that Amazon generally have the best price and often have options such as free shipping which is a big saving.
Is a mattress included?
No – it has a 4 level mattress spring system but you will need to purchase a mattress separately.
How much does the crib cost?
It retails at $299.99 but we find that Amazon generally has the best price and they usually offer free shipping on this item.
Yes – the DaVinci Parker Collection includes a two door changer and a four drawer dresser.
You can buy the three of them from Amazon for around $1999.90
My baby is teething and loves to chew. Is the Da Vinci crib safe?
Yes, it is. Federal law requires that all products for juveniles abide by the rules set by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Products must meet these requirements in order to be sold.
Da Vinci Parker cribs are made specifically to comply with these guidelines as well as those set by the American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM).
Most producers of products for infant and toddler products belong to the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) and Million Dollar Baby are no exception. They work with JPMA to ensure that all of their products meet the high standards for safe certification and to pass the tests imposed upon them.
All Million Dollar Baby products meet or exceed all safety requirements set by these regulatory bodies.
The cribs are made from either solid New Zealand pine or sepetir wood and are finished with non-toxic finishes and paints that are free from lead and phthalate.
However, if you would like to prevent your baby chewing on the crib to preserve its’ beauty, there are many companies who make crib rail protectors that you may like to purchase.
Why are screw covers not included with the crib?
Million Dollar Baby want the crib to be a totally safe environment for your child and so they have taken the decision to not include screw covers. They recognize that this does compromise the look of the crib but they say that screw covers can become loose and if your child got hold of one, it could be a choking hazard.
Does the crib come with a warranty?
Yes – a one year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
Should You Want to contact Million Dollar Baby?
It’s nice to see that the company is happy to hear from their customers, whether you have a question, comment or complaint. They say that all emails will be read and answered within 48 working business hours. Responses are from trained customer service specialists. Their email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you are ready to buy we recommend Amazon for the best price and shipping options.
Here’s are some of the pros and cons as identified by Amazon reviewers who bought the Da Vinci Parker 4 – in – 1 convertible crib.
Pros: Comments From Satisfied Customers
- Shipping was fast! one reviewer ordered it on 8/11 and it arrived 8/19.
- Assembly was easy! I’m 31 weeks pregnant, and put it together alone in less than 2 hours with nothing but a Phillip’s tip in my drill and the materials provided.
- It’s sturdy and strong without seeming massive or heavy.
- It’s attractive, natural pine and has graceful curves.
- Included toddler rail is terrific and extends the life of the crib.
- Included trundle drawer is nice bonus.
- You can order parts to convert to a full-sized bed, further extending the life of the crib.
- All-wood/metal construction.
Cons: Other Comments From Customers
- Directions could use a little fine-tuning. I’m pretty handy, and they were not so clear.
- The wooden crib parts are not labeled at all, making it difficult to determine which side was which. I also ended up with extra parts. There were many more locking washers included (20) than were indicated in the parts list (4), and the instructions never told you how and when to use them. I used 4 when installing the metal platform, but not the rest.
- Trundle drawer is pretty cheesy. Not that this should be a selling point of the crib, but it’s mostly particle board, the under-drawer support is too short, and the total drawer size is tiny compared to the dimensions of the crib.
- Pine is a soft wood, and dings pretty easily. It arrived with a couple of dings, and I put a couple in it during assembly. This is to be expected and is a compromise we were willing to make based on the price.
- Not short parent friendly. I am only 5’2″ and find it very difficult to get my daughter in and out of.
Well, the pros certainly outweigh the cons and Amazon viewers rate it highly. So If you’re looking for a new crib, why not consider the Da Vinci Parker made by The Million Dollar Baby Company.