Review: the BOB Revolution Duallie Stroller Review
This high quality BOB Revolution Duallie Stroller is perfect for shopping, walking or even for jogging. It is sturdily built and yet weighs only 32 pounds. It can hold a total capacity of 100 pounds (50 pounds per seat). To help you when you’re out and about, the stroller can fit through a regular 32 inch door. It maneuvers beautifully and gives a comfortable ride to your youngsters.
The stroller comes with two canopies which fold independently from each other and a storage basket.
What does it look like?
The stroller is a good looking stroller that comes in navy, Mesa orange and black. Other (single seater) BOB strollers come in black, chocolate and pink and chocolate and blue, red, yellow.
It has two back wheels and one 12″ wheel in the front that not only gives you increased maneuverability but it also locks forward for when you are out jogging.
The wheel in the front is 12 inches in diameter and has a ball-bearing system that means it’s hard wearing and reliable. It swivels so that turning corners is a breeze. That’s a big help when you have two children in the stroller plus your shopping.
You can also choose to lock the front wheel to ensure stability or if you’re going to be walking and pushing in a straight line for a while and for when you are jogging.
There are rear wheel parking brakes which you turn on by pressing with your foot.
The ultimate in comfort
The stroller has shock absorbers so that if you’re going for a walk on uneven ground or if you encounter an uneven surface, the impact will be minimized. This is great for the comfort of your little ones and is especially important for small infants as it minimizes any jarring to their spine.
The seats have three inches of suspension and thick padding which adds to the comfort and shock absorption. They also recline from vertical up to 70 degrees, which is a staggering 25 per cent increase over previous models.
Each seat has a harness which is adjustable at five points to ensure the perfect fit for your children. It adjusts easily with plastic pull rings and is sewn into the fabric of the seat and connected to the frame. The harness is padded for extra comfort and safety and complies with ASTM safety standards.
Is it easy to fold up?
Absolutely, yes – in just two easy steps, you can fold the stroller so it can be quickly and easily stowed in a car trunk or wherever you need to store it.
Is there anywhere to store stuff?
Yes – each seat has a pocket and in addition, there’s a large back pocket to stow toys and snacks.
There is also a storage basket underneath the stroller for more items.
Does it come with a warranty?
Yes – all strollers manufactured by BOB have a five year warranty for the frame and a one year warranty for the smaller parts and for the fabric. The warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship.
How much does it cost?
This stroller retails at around $569.00 and we find that Amazon generally has the best price, often with free shipping options.
What age of child is it suitable for?
BOB recommend that infants should be at least 6 to 8 weeks old before riding in one of their strollers. If the baby cannot hold its’ head up yet, they stress that additional head and neck support should be provided.
For jogging or strolling ‘off road’, they recommend that infants should be a minimum of 6 to 8 months old and weigh up to 50 pounds (that’s 50 pounds per seat).
How big is the stroller?
It’s 38.8 inches wide by 19 inches high when folded. When it’s fully opened up, it’s 41 inches high by 30.8 inches wide by 57.3 inches deep.
What’s it made from?
The frame is made from aluminum which makes it strong and yet lightweight. The wheels are made from a polymer which can withstand high impacts.
Where can I buy the stroller?
Can I buy ‘extras’ for it?
This zippered Handlebar Console storage packet is made from durable polyester and has four Velcro straps to attach it quickly and easily to the handlebars of any BOB stroller. It’s useful for drinks, keys, your cell phone and snacks. Ideal for when you don’t want to take your purse with you.
Cost: around $21 to fit a double stroller, $19 for a single.
Stroller Strides Fitness Kits
If you purchase a BOB Stroller Strides Fitness Stroller, this kit comes with it. But the good news is that you can purchase it to use with any BOB stroller. The BOB Stroller Strides Fitness Kit comprises:
• A holder for a water bottle or drink
• Fitness manual
• Four Velcro straps
• Strong polyester construction
Cost: around $35 (fits double or single stroller)
Infant Car Seat Adapter
This handy adapter lets you put your existing infant car seat into a single or Duallie BOB stroller (for one car seat only if it’s a Duallie Adapter). The adapter also comes with eith one or two trays to hold cups, toys or snacks.
Because the Infant Car Seat Adapter has a high centre of gravity, it is designed for walking only and not for jogging. It also makes it safe for newborn infants to ride in the stroller.
The adapter works with the following car seats:
• Britax Companion – 2003 and newer
• Graco Snug Ride – 2003 and newer
• Graco Snug Ride 32 – 2008 and newer
• Graco Snug Ride 35 – 2009 and newer
• Graco Safe Seat – 2006 and newer
• Peg Perego Primo Viaggio – 2003 and newer
• Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP – 2006 and newer
• Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 – 2007 and newer
Cost: around $89 for the double adapter and $59 for the single.
This thick fleecy panel with padded quilting can be easily inserted into the seat of any BOB stroller and secured with Velcro straps, to give your child extra warmth and comfort.
Cost: around $44 per seat.
This water resistant shield with clear windows and vents to allow safe airflow is available for all BOB strollers. Keep your child dry, warm and visible and able to see out, even in bad weather conditions.
This durable shield has a windproof nylon frame and a wind resistant mesh window made of nylon. The special mesh reduces the suns heat, glar and UVA/UVB rays by up to 65%. It also keeps away insects, lets you see in and your child see out. It’s easy to attach and available for all BOB strollers.
Cost: around $65 – $70.
Stroller Diaper Bag
It’s amazing how much you need to take with you for even the shortest trips out with your child. Keep your stroller diaper bag stocked at all times and you’re good to go!
• 31″ x 12″ waterproof and ‘stink proof’ changing pad
• Shoulder strap
• Removable waterproof pouch with insulated bottle pocket
• Zippered pockets for you and your child
• Key clip for easy and immediate access
• Fleece-lined glasses pocket
• Pocket for Cell
• Easily accessible diaper pocket
Available in Pacific Blue, Red, Yellow, Mesa Orange, Black, Chocolate/Pink, Chocolate/Blue, Chocolate/Coffee.
Cost: around $65.
Where can I get these add-ons?
You can purchase all of the accessories mentioned above here.
What do people think of it?
Here’s a quick round-up of pros and cons as identified by Amazon reviewers. You can read more of their comments here.
- Turns on a dime.
- Sturdy construction.
- Gives each child his/her own space.
- Easy to fold
- Large sun canopies.
- Improved seat recline with 2007 model.
- The rear parking brake. It is very easy to engage and disengage. It can be engaged simply by pulling on the wrist safety strap.
- We do HIGHLY recommend the handle bar console/cup holder. As one reviewer comments, – Without it I was lost. It stores my keys, phone, wallet and two water bottles.
- Narrower than expected – you still can’t fit through a single door, but it’s very maneuverable and fits through tight areas on sidewalks
- Doesn’t want to tip backwards like some other brands
- Storage space is fairly good
- Rolls true, unlike what we’ve heard about other dual strollers when the kids are very different in size/weight
- Front pivoting wheel lockout is a must for roaming around town
- Can be a bit difficult to get things in the under-the-seat basket
- Could use more seat height
- Need to manually reset shock setting after folding if your children’s combined weight is over 100lb
- The Manual in not well written
- Bob logo is pasted all over the stroller
- Wrist strap drags on the ground if you forget to hang it up
- It would be great if they’d find a way to put on a hand brake. It can be difficult to manage steep hills with the weight of two children.
So – if you need a new double stroller, take a look at the BOB Revolution Duallie Stroller. It has a lot to offer and reviewers love it. See what you think of it!